These Terms and Conditions of Entry form part of each application for registration as a participant in the 2016 Greenwich Village Games (“Games”) submitted on behalf of each participant whose details are included in the application (“Participant”).
You may complete this online form as an individual applicant or as a family application. You may also include extra individuals as well as the family application where they are all part of the same team.
By submitting the application you agree to, and will legally be bound by, these Terms and Conditions of Entry, including the Participant’s Acknowledgements, Waivers and Consents set out below, for yourself and for each other Participant, including any minor included in your application. Applications which are incomplete, or incorrectly completed, will not be accepted by the Organising Committee and will require re-submission.
1. The Games are an event organised, managed and controlled by Lane Cove Council through the Greenwich Village Games Organising Committee (“Organising Committee”).
2. Each Participant acknowledges that the Organising Committee may cancel the Games, or any event involved in the Games, and may change any event, without notice if it considers it appropriate to do so, whether due to weather conditions, safety considerations, Act of God or any other reason, and that in such circumstances the Participant’s registration fees (including entry fees and any fees for t-shirts and caps are not refundable.
3. Each Participant undertakes to read and abide by the rules of the events in which the Participant competes, and to comply with the procedures and instructions of the Organising Committee for the conduct of the Games.
4. Only registered Participants may participate in an event at the Games. Registrations are personal to the Participant. They are not transferable, and a Participant may not substitute another person to participate in their place.
5. The total registration fee for the Games for all of the Participants listed in the application must accompany the application, otherwise the application will not be accepted. For the calculation and payment of the registration fee see the Registration Fee section below.
6. The Organising Committee may accept or reject any application in its absolute discretion. A full refund, less the Trybooking fees, will be provided for any rejected application(s).
7. A Ticket and Payment Receipt for the enrolment of each Participant in an application will be issued after the application has been accepted and payment has been received.
8. Registration is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Entry, including the Participant’s Acknowledgements, Waivers and Consents noted below.
9. A Participant’s registration fees (including entry fees and any fees for t-shirts and caps) are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances as set out in the greenwich village games refunds policy.
PARTICIPANT’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS, WAIVERS AND CONSENTS
Lane Cove Council requires each Participant to read and confirm the following statements.
In these statements each Participant is “I”. For each Participant who is a minor child this statement must be given by their parent or guardian on their behalf:
10. I confirm that the information I have supplied in my application is true and correct.
11. I agree to comply with all the rules of the Games and directions of the Games officials.
12. I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions during the Games (including training sessions).
13. I acknowledge that Lane Cove Council has warned me that by participating in the Games I am engaging in a recreational activity involving a risk of personal injury.
14 . I voluntarily and knowingly accept the risk of injury from my participation in the events involved in the Games.
15. I am physically sufficiently fit and able to participate in the Games, and I do not have any physical or intellectual impairment that may make my participation unsafe for myself or others.
16. I acknowledge that there are no medical facilities at the venues at which the Games (including training sessions) are conducted, and I consent to receive such medical treatment as may be available and deemed advisable by any Games official in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Games (including any training session).
17. I acknowledge that I am not covered by insurance should I sustain injury or loss as a result of participating in any event in the Games.
18. In consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Games for themselves, and for my heirs, executors and administrators (“my claimants”), I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or my claimants might otherwise have for, or arising out of, loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description which I or they may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon, my entry or participation in the Games, including without limitation in any training session or other preparation for the Games, whenever occurring.
19. This waiver, release and discharge shall be, and shall operate separately, in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the Games and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them (“Involved Persons”), and includes but is not limited to Lane Cove Council, members of the Greenwich Village Games Organising Committee, team captains and team committees, and fellow competitors in the Games, medical and para-medical practitioners and personnel and police officers and shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them.
20. I agree to read and abide by the policy set out in the greenwich village games photography policy (as amended from time to time).
21. I irrevocably consent to any photograph, video, other visual image and audio recording taken during the Games being used in the promotion or reporting of the Games, in print or digital format, including publications, websites and social media.
22. I acknowledge that Lane Cove Council and the Organising Committee are not responsible or liable for any photograph, video, other visual image or audio recording taken by any person who is not an official representative of the Organising Committee.
Exclusion of Guarantees and Warranties
24. I acknowledge that to the extent permitted by law, and without limiting section 139A of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or sections 5M and 5N of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW), all implied terms, conditions, guarantees, warranties, rights and other additional obligations taken or deemed to be given by or to apply to any Involved Person that can be lawfully excluded, are excluded from these Terms and Conditions of Entry and from any agreement arising between any Participant and any Involved Person in relation to the Games.